Just one more piece of fanart to fill in the emptiness of my hiatus... *sigh*
Actually, I had this piece started after that realistic attempt... I suddenly started picking this up again because... AMG MY APP UPDATED.
Yes. I FINALLY have selection tools. No magic wand or flood fill yet, though, but it's better than wasting time coloring in everything. Though I found a ton of overfill errors that were made before the update, so just ignore those >.>" Some cropping issues, too, but I'm not going to get picky with my limited time.
The first episode of RWBY is airing July 5th.
I actually kept a few scraps of the process, sketch, lineart and a bit more all here: [link]
-Yeah, I mostly went with *einlee
's rendition of the girls...except for the hair, which I experimented on. (For some reason I guess the producers only released one fullbody concept pic of Ruby, but nevertheless the errors in the weapons and whatnot were just my failing memory :/ So yeah, that's why Blake looks like she's holding a kitchen knife and other embarrassing accuracy problems are in there...)
-The layer effects definitely removed some of the coloring effort, but I guess it's for the sake of a background I didn't plan for >.>" I just smeared paint here and there and expected it to look like a moon and a few clouds, it's too crammed to BG details, anyways (there's a pic of only the BG on that stash link earlier, I literally only used 4 colors on that moon and it's clouds OTL)
-Title is there because I think most speculators out there have firmly assigned the girls fairy tale references, Yellow probably threw a wrench in that process ahahah. (Sakuya-hime informed me about a huge reference to Bruce Lee and I think she's pretty accurate).
-I got sloppy with the glowing and shiny effects, probably because I'm exhausted .___. and I'm already past halfway of summer, bummer. And yes, shading was pretty simple, almost cell-shading, to be honest. Inking was a nightmare and the lines were thin as 1-2 pixels at times.
-I spent 3 hours just trying to figure out how to apply layer effects, what BG to make, what hue to use aaarrrgh. Finally decided to stick with this yellow-blue/purple theme... seriously, indecision is a killer.
-Oh yeah, I kinda botched Yang's pose. Forgive me ;a; The one who turned out the best was Ruby (again), perhaps because I didn't realized how tedious coloring 4 characters would be lol.
Ipad, about... 7 days spent for a grand total of... 8+ Hours.
I don't own the characters, the series are led by *montyoum
, if you feel like doing a bit of research.
The character concept art was done by *einlee